Thursday, December 1, 2011

Grateful for the people in my life

Recently we had the Sister Missionaries over for supper. While they were there Kevin mentioned that one of the Sister Missionaries from our last ward had recently lost her husband. She had completed her mission, gone home, gone back to school, met a guy, fell in love, gotten married and then eight months into their marriage she lost him to heart failure. Today I went over to her facebook page to read up on what had happened and to give her my condolences. Reading through her posts took me back ten years to when Kevin was fighting cancer. I remember the fear, the sorrow, the realization that I could be a widow so easily. My heart breaks for our friend and for the loss she has had. How awful to lose your best friend so early in your life together.

How blessed I feel that my story turned out differently, that my husband made it through his cancer and is still here with me. How blessed I feel to have our little boy, to have been given the gift of him in our lives. I need to remember to be thankful on a daily basis for the people in my life and that I still have them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment