Monday, February 22, 2010

AI Update

Thank you to everyone who has wished me luck and expressed excitement regarding the upcoming artificial insemination.

So an update on everything. This is mostly for me to keep a journal of sorts of the proceedure so that I can remember what happened later, but also acts as an update to keep people up to date on what is going on with me.

This morning I went in to the doctor, they took blood and did an internal ultrasound. They did tests on my blood for estrogen levels and based on those levels gave me a call just a little while ago to tell me that I can begin to take my Clomid medication. This medication will tell my brain that there is not enough estrogen in my body, which will make my body create more estrogen, this will encourage my body to release more eggs this time. Next Monday is my next appointment, they will be taking blood and do another internal ultrasound. Based off what that shows them they will probably have me come back again three days later.

Next update will be next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment