Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The cute factor

Here is a secret about children, or at least about mine. They don't get weird or awkward looking or whatever as they get older, they only get cuter. And it increases as they begin to do things, like dance and talk and mimic you. Well that last part can backfire.

Lately Davy has been a little bundle of super cuteness. He dances to music, he has begun to say words like: "Bye Daddy", "Go Diego Go", "Thank you" and pretty much anything else he hears us say. He doesn't always say the words perfectly, in fact mostly the words are garbled and are only understandable because we know what he is trying to say. But we are getting to the point where we have to be very careful about what comes out of our mouths. This should be interesting.

Also Davy has begun mimicking things he sees. This can be really good, or really bad. A few months back I was sick with a cold, and I ended up spitting a lot, into the toilet, or sink or garbage can to get rid of phlegm I coughed up. Often I was holding Davy when this happened. Guess what Davy does? That is right! He spits, he spits and spits and then plays with the spit. We have been trying to break him of this for months now. Still no success. He shakes his head when I say no, because I shake my head. He points to things, and he is learning new things every day. For example, the other day Kevin was shaving, he had no shirt on so that he wouldn't get water and shaving cream on anything. I took Davy into the bathroom to watch Daddy shave. As we watched I reached over and pinched Kevin's nipple, yes I know too much info, well Davy seeing what I did also reached over to pinch Daddy's nipple, Kevin sees this and turns away and says, "No, not happening!" Sigh, I have got to remember what not to do around Davy. It was super funny at the time, but not something I want Davy learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment