Sunday, April 25, 2010

IVF Update

On last Thursday the 22nd I had my baselines drawn as well as my tests for HIV, and a number of other sexual diseases. They also did an internal ultrasound. Based on what they saw they will be having me start my other two shots next Wednesday. I will be taking 150 units of Follistim and 75 units of Menopur and my Lupron dose will lower to 5 units per day. These shots will have to be done each morning. Something I will have to add to my morning routine. I asked the nurse when they thought that I would have the retrieval done, and she guessed sometime around May 7th or 8th, since May 8th is a Saturday I am guessing that it will be on the 7th most likely. I suppose we will have to see how I look around that time. 36 hours before the retrieval I will have to take an HCG shot. I was looking at the paperwork and it looks like they give you a specific time. I was beginning to freak out because I didn't know who would give it to me if Kevin wasn't around. Until today. I had called Walgreens last night to see if their clinic would be willing to give me the shot, but they don't. So today I went to a short story workshop/class at the local community college with one of the ladies from my writer's group. While there she mentioned that she was an RN, and I thought, "Woah, a good friend, an RN, I bet she has had experience with giving shots, I wonder if she would be willing to give me the HCG shot. So I asked her today and she said she would. Yay!!! God really does work in mysterious and wonderful ways. I am so happy that I don't have to worry about that now. Now, I just have to get through the stress of next week and I should be good, next week I have 7 meetings where I will be talking to the leaders of the different departments in our Region. A bit of a stressful situation to say the least. Deep breaths and repeating my stress mantra. "I must not stress. Stress is the mind killer. Stress is the little death that..."

No comments:

Post a Comment