Monday, May 28, 2012

Hippies

I will never be a hippy. Though I do like to breastfeed, babywear, and enjoy the environment there are many things that I just can't agree with. Though I think breastfeeding is good for a child, I do think there is a limit. I can not see myself ever breastfeeding past one year. Circumcision, when it came to making this decision Kevin and I had quite a few conversations on the matter, I had read a good number of articles as well as personal comments, and had even chatted with a man who was intact but choose to circumcise his boys, and I felt that circumcision was the right choice for us but wanted to leave it up to Kevin. Kevin chose to circumcise our boys and I am fine with that. Though I do enjoy the environment and would like to preserve it, I also think that sometimes the needs of humans outweigh the environment of certain areas. War, while I do not think that war is a good thing, I would never take out the choices of our Presidents out on the soldiers who have signed up to protect out country. If you want to bash war, bash the president don't bash the soldiers.

And to finish it all off, most people who identify themselves as hippy type people tend to also identify as liberal. I just don't lean that way. While I don't always lean completely to the right I usually don't lean much to the left. I will never be a hippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment