Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Twinkle Twinkle

Every night, right before we put him to bed, I read Davy a book. Lately he has really begun to like the books that sing a song. We currently have "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "The Bear Went Over the Mountain", "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Last night he chose to read "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". I took a different tactic than usual and began pointing out the stars since we have been practicing the word "Star" with him. He has a stacking toy that is made up of stars and we say "Star" every time he gives us one of the stars. So while we were reading the book we were pointing out the stars, each page I would say, "There is the star." We finally got to the last page and I said to him, "That's the star" and he repeated to me in his garbled toddler tongue, "That's the star". It was awesome! It is the longest sentence I have heard him say so far. Sure it was difficult to understand, but I did hear him say the words. It is so exciting that he is trying to say more words.

No comments:

Post a Comment