Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wow, stars!!

Today Kevin and I put a few constellations out of glow in the dark stars on Davy's ceiling. we put up the Big Dipper and Orion, we also put the North Star and Sirius on the ceiling as well. As we worked on it we let Davy play with one of the big stars, it is the size of half of his face so there is no fear of choking. While we worked on the ceiling Davy brought me his "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" book for me to read to him and his glow in the dark star. It was fun having him point out the stars in the book and show me the star in his hand. After we were done with the ceiling we put him down for a nap, and he did not want to give up the star. We finally had to trade it for one of the stacking stars from his stacking toy.

So fast forward to tonight. I knew he would be up late because he napped from 1 pm to 5 pm this afternoon, which spelled out "Davy will not fall asleep until after 11 pm tonight." for me. So about 10:30 pm I get him ready for bed and put him to bed. He chose the Twinkle book again to read tonight and pointed at Orion during bedtime story time, stating for me, "Star!" After getting him tucked in with a song of "I am like a star shining brightly." I gave him his stacking star, which he seemed to prefer over his current sleep toy, Twigs his giraffe, and then turned out the lights and said goodnight.

Things seemed to be going well at first, he was quiet, didn't cry when I closed the door. I figured I was home free. I did some work on the computer for awhile (I teach seminary in the morning and use the time after he goes to sleep to prepare for each day), and then suddenly I heard what sounded to be him crying loudly in his room. So I rushed over to his door and as I listened I realized it didn't quite sound like crying. So I put my ear to the door and listened closer. Imagine my confusion when I realized that I wasn't hearing crying, I was hearing him cheering. "Yay! Wow! Yay! Yay! Yay!" Was the words I was hearing coming from the door. What was the cause of the cheering, I will probably never know, but secretly I think it was the stars. They did look pretty awesome glowing there when I turned off the lights. Davy is seriously such a cute kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment