Friday, November 19, 2010

Here is your Pee Bucket!

So yesterday I had my doctor's appointment. I was going to be today but with the whole closing scare I rescheduled it. At the appointment my doctor noticed that I had protein in my urine, which was also the case last visit. So because this can indicate toximia and/or pre-eclampsia she is having me do a 24 hour urine test. 24 hour? What does that involve (you may ask). Why peeing into a bucket for an entire day! Admit it, this sounds like great fun! Ok, maybe not.

So she sent me over to the lab where they got me all my pee bucket gear. This includes a "hat" that I can pee in and then pour into the bucket, as well as two bottles for collecting pee while I am "away from home". Yay! You mean I can carry my pee with me wherever I go!! How magical!!!

I figure the easiest way of taking care of this is just to get it done today and then take it in tomorrow. We are basically in the Rochelle area until Saturday night so no point not to. Besides, Kevin needs to have his blood drawn at a Quest location and I figure this is as good as anytime for him. He can come with me on Saturday morning when I go to drop off my "Bucket O' Pee", and we can let the vampires at him. Ok so phlebotomists are not really vampires, but they do take your blood.

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

On the other hand I am getting rather excited for Davy to come. I can't remember if I wrote about my work baby shower. It went really well, my managers and one of my co-workers put it together for me and it was super cute! And Kevin got to come too, he liked it quite a bit. And the gifts, we got some great gifts which will help out a lot since all our money is currently going toward the closing for the house in Rochelle. For those who don't know, we are closing on Monday. Yay for things moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment