Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend Update

Last week I got a call from the doctor's office telling me that my glucose tests had come back abnormal and that I needed to have another glucose test run. This one needed to be 3 hours long and I needed to fast for it. I am pretty sure that I threw my first test because I had eaten breakfast before hand and I had grabbed four pieces of halloween candy and had eaten them on my drive up to Rockford for the test.

So Saturday I went to Rockford again for my second glucose test. I took my mom with me, which made the test go quicker. The tech had to take my blood four times, which wasn't the most fun experience, but it was part of the test. After the test we met up with my dad and Kevin and went to Five Guys hamburger joint. The food was pretty good, but expensive. Later that evening I was able to finish up three necklaces that I made as thank you gifts for the ladies who are putting together my baby shower at work. It feels good to have those finished as I don't know if I will have time to work on them this week. The baby shower is scheduled for next Monday, Nov. 15th.

Sunday went pretty well until we got to the evening. At one point a beeping alarm sounded, we finally figured out that it was one of the fire alarms. But there was no fire. So we checked the alarm and it looked like it was the Carbon Monoxide detector. We also thought it may be the battery. My dad tried changing the battery but all the batteries in their house were low on juice. Kevin and I finally talked my parents into leaving the house (because we were scared of a Carbon Monoxide leak) and we all went to Walmart and picked up some new batteries. When we got back Kevin and my dad changed all the batteries in all the detectors and once they got some new batteries in them the alarm stopped and did not come back on. All in all it was a bit of an unsettling night.

Monday I had my doctor's appointment. The results from my test on Saturday came in while we were there. Turns out they came back normal, so no gestational diabeties for me. Everything is looking good with the baby and I seem to be doing good too. Strange thing, I went down by 1 lb from the last time I had been at my doctors. My next visit is on the 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment