Friday, February 17, 2012

The Name Game

Currently we are in a holding pattern, also called that excruciating 10 day wait until the pregnancy test. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for blood work, but after that nothing until the 23rd. In the mean time I figured that I would talk about names.

On our drive to Chicago yesterday Kevin brings up the name conversation. Names have been a head butting point for the two of us for years. When it comes to the boys, we are pretty much ok. We have decided to use family names as first names and then the name of the next boy sibling as their middle name. So far we have the following in order that we would name them for the boys.
David Isaac
Isaac Knight
Knight Alexander
Alexander Andrew

Davy already has his name so now we have at least three names ready to go. Girl names are not so easy. Kevin and I disagree on girl names at almost every turn. I hate the girl names he likes, he hates the girl names I like. Every so rarely we find a name we can compromise on. On the way to Chicago Kevin decided that we should discuss the girl names as well. So we start listing off any girl names we can think of. This is faulty though because most of the names we think of are not names I particularly like. We did come up with a few names we both agreed on though. So currently here is what we have for girl names.
Evangeline Faye
Aria Juul

Andromeda
Elizabeth
Sariah

The last three we are not completely certain yet, but they are in our top five currently. Yesterday I had Kevin go through a name website and list the ones he likes. Then I will go through the list, which includes names I like and the names Kevin likes and we will decide how much we like each name by giving it a number. 1 means you hate the name and 10 means it is your favorite name of all time. That way we can narrow down names to our most favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment