Friday, October 22, 2010

Birth Plan

Today I looked over week 26 information for my pregnancy. This week my baby is as long as an English hothouse cucumber, again, why do they compare the baby to food? In the info for the week they mentioned putting together a birth plan.

So I started looking at birth plans out there and some of the interactive ones. A birth plan is basically your preferences when it comes to labor and delivery and post delivery. Having one does not ensure that it will be followed, but it does help the doctor and the hospital know what you want without you having to tell them every step of the way.

I sent myself a few links to some of the interactive ones. There is one that is very explainatory that I like and think I may use. It covers Strep B, which is one of my biggest fears, and the explainations help me understand what I am putting on the plan. The plans cover almost anything under the sun when it comes to giving birth. It makes me happy that I looked into them because I often feel like I just don't know enough yet for this major event that is coming up.

I also looked again at classes offered at the hospital I will be using. For $75 I can take a class that offers everything that I am currently looking for. I may also see if I can take a dog class at another hospital to learn how to prepare the dogs. I need to list off the classes that I want to take and their times for myself so I don't miss them. So much to do, and so little time! It feels so crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment