Monday, April 23, 2012

Poems and Cancer

Tonight I have been working on my computer, it pretty much crashed earlier today and we had to do a system reset to a past date when it worked. Then I scanned it and scanned it and tried to make sure to get rid of anything that might cause the problem again. While waiting I saw my old poetry journal that I made for myself when I was in college. It goes through the first few years of our marriage together, near the end it has one or two poems from our fourth and fifth year of marriage but mostly it holds poems from the first, second and third years of marriage. Wow, what a reminder. At first all the poems are mostly angsty little musings of a very young adult. I was 20 and still had memories of high school fresh in my mind and I was part of a writer's group where we pretty much spent a good amount of time reminiscing about how much public school sucked. The anger and love sick newlywed poetry leads very easily into the harsh cancer poetry. Those poems were such a sharp reminder. It has really been quite a long time since those days, but reading those poems brought it back so clearly. I am so glad that those days are behind me. I mean I wrote some fantastic poetry, but they were so rough on me. It has really been quite a while since I blogged like this. I really miss it, the whole voiding of the mind in the quiet times of the day. I really need to find times to do more of it. Especially now that I have "bed rest". I hate having nothing to do, I waste so much time. Anyway, it is getting late and both boys and both dogs are asleep so it is probably time for me to haul Kevin off the couch and into bed and haul myself there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment