Thursday, August 19, 2010

Appointments and the Doppler

So this morning I had my doctor's appointment. We listened to the baby through the doppler again, but this time Kevin was there too. He got to hear the heartbeat, and the sound of the baby moving. I guess my baby is quite active according to the doctor. I asked her about nausea, she didn't have any suggestions. I asked her about acne, she said I shouldn't really take anything, and that the best I can do is to keep my face clean and dry. She gave me the information to schedule my ultrasound and told me to schedule another appointment with her in 4 weeks.

I called up the place for the ultrasound and got it scheduled for September 13th, hopefully the baby will cooporate and we will be able to find out the gender. My next doctor appointment will be on September 16th. She mentioned that I should start looking into doctors that are covered by our insurance out in the Rochelle area and see what is covered. I have this feeling that they will all be up in Rockford. Joy. She said that I should check to see if they are accepting new patients before we move. Yay. We will see how this all goes.

After the appointment Kevin said that we should get a prenatal music system, well not exactly those words but that basis idea. A prenatal music system is a device that allows you to play music and voices to the baby. Very often this allows the baby to absorb things such as music as a calming thing and voices as something it will recognise when it is born. There is one being sold at Think Geek for $99, which is too pricey for me, but there are some others that I think we could afford. I think it is cute that Kevin wants to do this. One of his ideas is that we can play scriptures on tape to the baby. For his birthday he asked for the Bible on tape, which he has been listening to on his drive to and from work. He is cute.

It is odd to think that soon I will begin to feel the baby move and soon we will find out (hopefully) what gender it is. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment