Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week 15

I am currently in the last days of week 15 of my pregnancy. On Saturday I enter week 16. According to some of the sites I have read I may start to feel movement this week. Have I? Not really. There is a good chance I won't feel anything until week 20. It does seem strange to realize that I am just a little over a month away from being halfway done with my pregnancy.

The baby should be able to hear soon, and that will be interesting. I need to start practicing and begin to talk to it. Yes it will probably increase my chances of people thinking I am some crazy woman who talks to herself. But it would be nice to begin talking to the little one. I don't know that I want to tell my co-workers about it, because I'm not really keen on the idea of people talking to my belly. I have had a few people reach out to touch my belly already, and it is awkward. I can see where some women get aggressive about people touching them while they are pregnant. Who knows, maybe there is a materinty shirt out there that says, "Hands off!" I might look into it.

For those who are wondering, yes I am still sick. I nearly threw up this morning. I have been able to use my jedi mind tricks enough to keep from throwing up as much as I have, but I am still nauseous most of the time and my list of food I can eat keeps getting smaller and smaller. This week the tamalies that I have been using for lunches finally betrayed me, so I have moved on to mac and cheese. I discovered that Velveeta makes a mini mac and cheese bowl which you can buy in a four pack for about 80 cents per bowl. I can deal with that. And it has a cook time similar to the tamalie so I feel pretty good about it so far.

I weighed myself this morning, I have currently gained about 3 lbs from what I was at the beginning of the pregnancy. So here is the record so far: Got pregnant, 1st trimester lost 5 lbs, got to 2nd trimester gained 1 lb, three more weeks into the 2nd trimester gained 2 more lbs. I am ok with this so far. I haven't done as much exercise this week as I usually do, tonight I may walk the mall (one mile each way and I walk from one end to the other end and back again). It has just been far too hot for me to go outside and walk. And I don't want to get heat exhaustion again.

Kevin is hoping that the pregnancy might fix my metabolism. And considering that I plan on improving my exercise routine once I have the baby I am hoping he is right. I would like to drop the baby fat afterward and the extra fat I have as well. And as a plus, if I lose weight it will inspire Kevin to lose weight, he likes competition.

I have been looking at baby stuff again. I think tonight I will stop by a Babies R' Us, and get some ideas for baby shower registry items. Would it be odd for me to put a breast pump on it? I might see if this weekend my parents would be willing to go to Rockford with me and do some baby registry shopping. I get the feeling they might be a little more excited about going with me than Kevin is. With my birthday coming up it has been difficult for me to get my head out of baby needs mode and into Rachel wants mode. I kept thinking of things that we could get for the baby until Kevin told me he refused to get something for the baby and that my birthday was about me and not about the baby. My parents sided with him as well. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment