Friday, August 13, 2010

Baby Showers

I have been thinking about baby showers for awhile now. And when I say that I mean since about week 9 or so. And I have good reason to. I know there are people in my life who are going to throw at least one baby shower for me. So last night after running some errands I went over to Babies R' Us and looked around. Kevin has kept me away from a lot of baby stuff so far so I haven't really gotten a good look at what is out there. I looked at bottles, and pacifiers, and breast pumps and breast milk bags, and blankies (I ended up spending a lot of time near those just touching them, soooo soft), and cribs (I think I want a crib that converts to a bed later), and strollers, and pack and plays (I had no idea what those were until I saw them. How cool, a play pen with a sleeping area, and on some a changing area. Neat!), and car seats, and then finally baby clothes.

I was meeting up with two of my friends from church and we were all planning to meet at a restaurant that was just across the parking lot from the Babies R Us, and what do you know, but I met up with both of them in the store. It worked out well because when we went to the restaurant we discovered that the air conditioning was not working there so we took the food to one of their houses and spent the night talking. And of course baby showers came up. Which was interesting because I have already had one lady ask if she could throw a baby shower for me, so I told them to hook up with her (she is also in our church) and start the planning. I am currently wanting to register at a bunch of places, that way people can shop wherever, and don't have to be tied down to just one place. So I have to figure out stores.

I am currently thinking:
Babies R Us
Target
Walmart

And I am not quite sure what else. I will have to look around online. See what I can find. I am already signed up with MyRegistry.com which allows you to put all your registries in one place so people can see the whole list. I am thinking that I will see about registering for stuff possibly this weekend if I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment