Monday, January 10, 2011

Contractions

So Friday night I started to have some stronger contractions and they happened more frequently than usual. Turns out they were Braxton Hick (practice contractions) but they still sort of freaked me out. I spent Saturday getting things together for the hospital. Didn't get everything together, so worked on packing and finding more stuff on Sunday. My biggest problem is that the pajamas nightgown that I got especially for the hospital is nowhere to be found. I have checked every clothes box that Kevin has brought me and looked through all the suitcases that we used for moving clothes from one house to the other. I am going to next have to go through all the clean clothes that Kevin has washed since we have been here. Everything is in such disorder that I feel like I can't find anything, and I am not allowed to move any of the boxes, so that just makes me more frustrated. Last night I finally just got so fed up I grabbed the edge of a box and pulled it off the box it was sitting on.

Last night we did get a lot done though. We finally got our bed up on the frame. It had been laying on the ground because one of the wheels on the frame got lost in the move. Thankfully replacement wheels were cheap. We moved my dresser from one side of the room to the other, and brought the bassinet in. I organized my bedside table, charged both the camcorder and the camera, got them packed and ready to go. All the baby stuff is ready to go as well, except for the car seat. Now it really just comes down to me. I have changes of clothes in there, but I still need change of underwear, probably some socks, and I need to get all my toiletries together. I have most of them together but there are a few things still missing. I also need to get the baby stuff packed in a bag of some sort.

I am a bit nervous that I will go anytime now. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. She is planning on checking the growth, and doing an NST as well as a vaginal exam. I wonder if I have dilated further. I need to ask her a bunch of questions about labor and delivery. Like what frequency of contractions before I got to hospital, what is the exact address for the hospital, is there someone there I can ask about parking and so forth, can I pre-register, etc. Then I really need to see about going on a tour of the hospital. I am hoping I might be able to do that tomorrow. Also I need to get the paperwork together for maternity leave. Ugh and I need to send in the paperwork for the short sale/deed in lieu. Blah, so much to do, so little time. Is it any wonder I want this baby to wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment