Saturday, November 10, 2012

Nesting

Recently Kevin made the remark that he thinks that I blame too many things on my pregnancy. I blame forgetting things, misplacing things, driving badly, being too hot, being lazy, wanting to eat certain things, not wanting to eat other things, pretty much all pain in my body, headaches, being tired, the list can go on and on. He may be correct that I do blame a lot of things on pregnancy, but the truth of the matter is in someway my pregnancy affects almost everything I do. It makes me stupid at times, especially when it comes to remembering things. For some reason it has an affect on my driving skills, I am less observant and have gotten into some close encounters. Heck it even affects my typing skills, often I will find my fingers typing letters I wasn't even wanting to type, and my spelling skills have taken a woeful turn. Thank goodness I generally read things through once or twice before I post them.

Anyway recently we cleaned the house (as well as we could) in preparation for the missionaries coming over for dinner. It was the sister missionaries and when they discovered that I couldn't get a lot of stuff done because it tended to make me go into contractions they put a load of dishes into our dishwasher for us and started it up. Anyway, between Kevin and me and with some help with the dishes from the sisters we got our house into decent shape. Except of course for our spare room and our bedroom. And unfortunately Davy's room is beginning to fill with toys he has gotten out. Wanting to keep our house as clean as I could, and partially because I am really getting tired of Kevin's comments that our house is always a disaster, I have been trying to keep our kitchen (which is the source of most of the disaster comments) as tidy as I can. Which has led recently to me doing a good amount of dishes. The other day I ended up doing some dishes and as I was talking to Kevin about it I mentioned that I could probably blame my sudden urge to clean on my pregnancy as well. He asked me how I could do that, "Nesting, an inexplicable urge to clean, or sort, or craft."

Moving on to today I find at the end of it that I have had quite a day of nesting. I started off the day coming up with a list of Christmas words (only related to Christ's birth) for the alphabet. I want to make an advent calendar of sorts that uses each letter of the alphabet. I can start it on the last day of November and each day go through a new word/letter and discuss it with Davy. Not only will it tie in two things that he loves letters and numbers (which I will have on the back of each card) but it will help us discuss the birth of Christ as we come closer and closer to Christmas. Then I got Davy and fed him and got him doing his normal morning toddler stuff. Then I worked on ideas for Christmas presents for people. Davy went down for a nap and Kevin was watching a mixed martial arts fight so I went to Walmart and got some things for making some of the presents. Then I made lunch, worked on a fabric book I have been wanting to finish for Davy and finally shortly after Kevin left for work I finished it. I sat Davy down with one of his favorite shows and made supper and emptied the dishwasher, then I began to fill it again. By then dinner was done cooking and we had supper. After supper Davy went back to playing and I finished filling the dishwasher and started it up, then I gathered a load of whites and put them in the washer and started it up. Then I washed all the dishes that I can't wash in the dishwasher, all the knives, cutting boards, cookie sheets, etc. By then it was almost time for Davy to go to bed. He had been watching some of his shows and wanted to watch one more before bedtime. So I started on making a thread catcher while he was watching it (because all the little thread pieces from my different projects are beginning to drive me crazy), by the time the show was over I was almost finished with the thread catcher. I put Davy to bed and then finished the thread catcher. And now I am pretty much ready for bed. If I have more days like this soon the entire house will be clean. Or at least one can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment