Friday, November 16, 2012

Walmart and the Savage Davy

Lately I have been having regular headaches, they seem to be part of the "joy" that comes with this pregnancy. With Davy the "joy" was morning sickness the entire pregnancy. This time around it has been headaches that turn into migraines that send me to the hospital. Anyway, I have good high dose pain pills for the migraines, but I tend not to use them because they aren't the best for the baby. My doctor prescribed them and recommended using them once a week if possible. So instead when I get a headache I can tell is going the way of a migraine I drink some caffeinated soda take a regular strength Tylenol and hope that it works. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Today my slight headache turned into a full blown migraine after taking Davy to Walmart to pick up food for dinner. Lately when we go to Walmart Daddy lets him push the cart because Davy hates sitting in the cart. Well tonight it was just Mommy and Davy and the Walmart, and getting some of the stuff while having him trying to push the cart was too much so I put him in the cart for the first part, and he screamed, so finally to calm him down a bit I let him push the cart. Which helped for a bit until we had to get things and I had to stop the cart and he screamed. He pretty much screamed almost the entire time we were there because I wouldn't let him push the shopping cart as much or as fast as he wanted to and when he screamed too much about that I picked him up and he screamed some more. We ate dinner over at Kevin's work with him and had family dinner at the data center, which also helped to calm the savage Davy. Davy loves to go see Daddy at his work. He wasn't too happy to leave though, but he finally quieted down on the way home and began counting after awhile. Once we got home he calmed down and bed time was super easy compared to Walmart. Don't know how often we will be going to Walmart without Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment