Wednesday, November 21, 2012

On Vacation

Yesterday when I went to my OB appointment I learned from my doctor that she will be going on vacation around the end of the year and will be getting back to work on my due date. My hope is that little Evangeline will stay inside until my doctor is around. There are a few reasons why I would like my own doctor. I know that another doctor would probably be fine, but I would prefer my own.

1. I know that she has my best interests and the baby's best interests in mind. I know she will not try to push me into a C section unless I really need one.
2. If I end up tearing or needing an episiotomy I know she will do a fantastic time stitching me up. She did great last time and I know if I need stitches this time she will do a great job again.
3. I just feel more comfortable with a doctor that I know, having some random doctor that I have never met deliver my baby is going to stress me out a good deal.

There was a part of me that was sort of kind of hoping that Evangeline would get here before the end of the year so that we could get tax write offs. But when it comes down to it I would rather have a safe baby and my own doctor delivering her than a tax write off. Also I wouldn't mind if Evangeline's birthday was a little ways away from Christmas. We will see what happens though. Hopefully everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment