Monday, July 26, 2010

How is the little one?

How is the little one? This is a question that frustrates me to no end. At this point all I know is that I am getting bigger and feeling sick and out of sorts at times. I don't actually "know" how the little thing that is growing inside me is doing. I don't know it's feelings or even if it can hear me yet, I don't know what gender it is or even if it is doing ok. All I know is that I seem to be ok and hopefully it is too.

This question though is one that one of my co-workers loves to ask me on a daily basis.
"How is the little one?"
"I don't know, I just feel sick."

"How is the little one?"
"Not a clue, still sick though."

Finally today I guess I kind of broke.
"How is the little one?"
"I don't know, I don't know, I never know, as far as I know it is fine but I really just don't know. It makes me sick, that I all I know."
"Uhh, ok, didn't mean to make you upset, just wondering how it is."
"I'm not upset, I just don't know."
"Oh, well some ladies will say, 'Oh, he's moving around, or he is kicking up a storm.' So I just wondered, I will ask how you are from now on."
"Thats fine, it is still too early for me to feel it move, so I really have no clue now, it is still pretty early on."

I didn't really mean to make her feel bad, but then again I really hate that question since I don't have an answer to it. I thought about appoligizing, but she seemed fine a few minutes later so I think I will let it go. Maybe she will stop asking.

As it is, I am in the middle of week 13 now and still sick as a dog. I hope I am just late in losing the nausea, but I could very well just have to deal with this all pregnancy long. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose you do know a few details about the baby. For one, no news is good news quite likely. No spotting, no glimmers of miscarriage, no nothing going wrong as far as you know. Simply put, no symptoms of anything seriously wrong happening -- and that's very good news. So odds are that our little one is doing just fine, and "Just fine" is a good answer to the constant question.

    Incidentally, there is a floating item sitting over-top of the entire blog: "This image or video has been moved or deleted. Photobucket." It is very annoying as it sit on top of the text everywhere you go. Might just be my computer, but I tried this in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer -- it's the same for all three, so I think it's there for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There that should fix the problem. It does mean I had to tweak the whole layout of the blog, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete