Thursday, July 8, 2010

They made me do it

So I was thinking back on my doctor appointment from earlier this week and some of the questions they asked me. For example they wanted to know the last day of my last period. Which I suppose most pregnant women know as it tells them how far along they are and when their baby is most likely due. But my period was started by the Fertility Clinic and the date of it has less to do with how far along I am as they had me take things to keep from having another period. In fact my due date and such is based off when the embryos were implanted. So when the nurse asked about my period I told her it was April something, but I was pretty sure there was paperwork on it somewhere. She gave me a strange look until I explained that I got pregnant through a fertility clinic and that they started my period on a certain date and had it end on a certain date so there would probably be paperwork on it. I find it interesting that there are so many parts of my pregnancy like that, where everything was scheduled for a certain time and thus everything is documented somewhere.

As follow ups to some of the things I have brought up in other posts. Regarding my extra meds, I called the Fertility Clinic to see if there was somewhere I could donate them to. And they told me I could bring them in to the clinic, so yesterday I dropped off my box of extra meds, which cleared up a big area in my house.

I finally got a chance to look through the folder that I got from the Obgyn appointment. It has a lot of helpful info such as when to call your doctor, what you can do for certain things, exercises you can do throughout pregnancy, tips on nausea, tips on baby movement counting, tips on labor and false labor and how to tell the difference. And it has a pregnancy planner, a Fit Pregnancy magazine and a magazine that goes through the different weeks of the pregnancy and what happens.

The travel pack of formula expires February of next year so if the baby does come on its due date of Jan 28th then we should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment