Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Missing the Fertility Clinic already

Today was my first doctor appointment with my regular Obgyn, it was interesting. I am already missing the fertility clinic. Appointment was at 9 am. Got to the doctor’s office early, and they had me fill out paperwork. That was interesting, seeing as they were my obgyn office before I went to the fertility clinic. Filled out the paperwork, got my paperwork from the fertility clinic from the car. And sat and waited with Kevin in the waiting room. Finally about 9:30 am they called me back. A nurse asked me a bunch of questions about myself and my pregnancy and everything. One question was what is my religion. I was a bit surprised by that, but I suppose it makes sense as some religions require certain things. Then she took my blood after asking when the last time I was tested for STDs was. Then she took blood to test for that and who knows what else. So this means that within a year I have been tested three times for STDs. Then she asked me for a urine sample. The cup she gave me was odd, and I wasn’t quite sure how to work it. So I tried to use it how it seemed to work, but I got it wrong. I think I got enough urine in the cup for them by the end, but I am not sure. To give an example of how weird the cup was, I accidentally pricked my finger on the cup. That’s right, I stabbed myself with the cup hard enough to draw blood. Weird cup.

After that whole ordeal they took me and Kevin to a room where we met with the doctor and talked a bit. She discussed the pregnancy with us, and how we got pregnant, took a look at the paperwork from the fertility clinic, talked about her expectations with the pregnancy and what we should expect. Then she took us to another room where she would be giving me an exam. Inside was a paper shirt and paper lap blanket. So I put on my paper outfit and Kevin and I wait, and wait, and wait. At one point I say to Kevin, “I just love it when they put me in nothing but a paper outfit and leave me to wait for 30 minutes in a cold exam room.” He asked me if this had happened before and I said, “Yes, but it is better this time because I have someone to talk to while I wait.” Finally the doctor came in and gave me my exam, which was more like a physical, with PAP smear and everything. I asked her a few more questions, about exercise, and pregnancy tea, and sleeping positions. Yes I can exercise on the elliptical, but I have to start slowly, no she didn’t know anything about pregnancy tea, as for sleeping positions I can sleep however I want to just as long as I get lots of sleep. Then she gave me a folder full of stuff, a travel bag with what looked like formula in it (weird), and told me to make another appointment for three weeks from then.

So my next appointment is on the 29th and my next ultrasound is in September at my 20 week mark. I want to see the baby sooner, but I guess I will have to wait. Yes, I miss the fertility clinic greatly. Speaking of which I need to call them and see if I can donate my excess fertility meds somewhere. We don’t need them and probably won’t need them for another few years. So I want to get them out of the house as we need to get the house ready for selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment