Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Embryo Transfer

The embryo transfer happened today. I went in at 8 am and was put in a room much like the last time. They had me change and put bracelets on me, then after a long wait they took me up to the operating room. This time it was much like when I had the artificial insemination. The doctor (it was the doctor and not a nurse) put me into stirrups and put a speculum in me and then put a catheter into my cervix and into my uterus. They did an ultrasound on my belly which allowed them to see where the embryos were going. The embryos went in just fine and arrived right were they needed to be. Everything went really well. I didn't even cramp when the catheter went in. Now the waiting. My next appointment is May 25 to have my pregnancy test.

No comments:

Post a Comment