Thursday, May 6, 2010

Surgery Saturday

Today I had my last doctors appointment before surgery on Saturday, blood taken and internal ultrasound again. Then the nurse went through with me the information about the surgery and what I need to do. On Saturday I will need to arrive 1 1/2 hours early. They want me to fast as usual for a surgery. They want me to wear loose clothing, wear no purfume or scented lotion, not wear any nail polish. I will be put under for the surgery. I asked her if Kevin could be there for the surgery, and she said she did not know. After the surgery they want me to drink lots of water to help with recovery, they want me to take a fiber supplement, take only Tylenol for any pain, and eat lightly. She also told me that I should try to rest for the day as well. They will have me start Progesterone, Doxycycline, and Medrol. I will need to ask if they want to have me start all three of those medications on the day of the retrieval. I will stop the Doxycycline, and Medrol 4 days after the retrieval and continue the Progesterone (the intermuscular shot) until the pregnancy test.

Three days later, so Tuesday I will have the embryos transferred into me. From what the nurse said, Kevin and I will meet with my doctor before the transfer to discuss how many eggs we want to transfer. After the transfer I am to take the day easy, rest if possible. Take only Tylenol for pain. Act as if I am pregnant, meaning no heavy lifting, no un-needed drugs, basically being careful. Then 14 days after the transfer they will do a pregnancy test to see if it worked. Hopefully it does.

Got the follow up call from the nurse. I will need to have my HCG injection at 11 pm tonight. My surgery on Saturday will be at 10 am, this means that I will need to be there by 8:30 am. On Saturday I will need to start the pills and the Progesterone (Oh yay! More needles!). Monday they will call me with the time for my appointment on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment