Friday, May 28, 2010

Feeling sick

For those of you who have been waiting to hear about my first bouts with morning sickness, here you go. This morning I have felt rather queasy. Pretty much nauseous over everything, I told my co-worker who got all excited. Not my idea of something to be excited over. Yes it means I am pregnant. But I already knew that. What it has meant is that I have to be rather careful about what smells I am around today. I put scented lotion on this morning and now I am not sure it was such a good idea. I drove someone to work this morning and she wanted to stop by Starbucks on the way. But eventually she told me that I didn’t have to. Which I am actually glad of, because I am not sure if the smell might have put me over the puke level. Thankfully when I got the water for my oatmeal this morning the coffee in the break room didn’t cause me to feel sick. However, now I am sitting here with a cup of oatmeal waiting for the nausea to go away before I eat it.

Thankfully I have not thrown up yet, and I am not looking forward to it. Ironically it seems that people are almost anxious to see me puke. Maybe not “see” it, but hear about it. Almost as if that settles the pregnancy in concrete. I would really rather it not happen.

I am nervous about the cold I had. I did call up the fertility clinic during that time to find out what medicine I could take. They told me Sudafed, and so I went to the store to find a ton of Sudafed options. So I took the cough and cold kind. And now looking back at it I am really scared that it might have done something to the baby(ies). I think I will ask them about it at the ultrasound. I know I need to put it out of my mind so that I don’t get too stressed out about it. But it still makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment