Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Update

Second appointment this week with the doctor. Again they took my blood and did an internal ultrasound. Yesterday they told me to stop the Menopur but continue with the Follistim and Lupron. The nurse says that I am looking good and that she thinks I will go in for the retrieval either Saturday or Sunday. I am hoping for Saturday. I have another appointment tomorrow morning and another again on Thursday. The nurse said that I would probably take the HCG shot in the evening of whatever day. Probably around 10 pm or so. I am actually really hoping that I end up having the retrieval on Saturday, because that means I could take my shots to writer's group and get the shot before going home.

I can tell things are happening down there, my ovaries are tender. I can feel both of them when I cough or sneeze and the muscles down there contract. It is much like how things begin to hurt when you ovulate, except to a greater extent. Looking forward to having the whole process over with. I ordered some books today off of Amazon, and one of them is a book on eating right for fertility. I am looking forward to getting it. The other two books are writing books, one is about regular writing and the other is about poetry. I am looking forward to them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment