Friday, May 7, 2010

HCG Shot

Last night I had the HCG shot. I had my friend Deb give it to me. She is a retired RN so I figured she would probably be a great option for getting it done. And she was, not only is she a retired RN but she is a big night owl, so the late injection time of 11 pm was just fine with her. After writer's group we chatted until the injection time, then I mixed the HCG and we went to her bathroom to do the injection. Let me just say now, that woman is good! Considering we were using a 22 gauge needle and that it was 1 1/2 inches long and that it was an intermuscular shot (meaning the HCG went into my muscle) the shot hardly hurt at all. I was very impressed, and happy. We talked a little bit more and I asked if she would be willing to show Kevin how to do an intermuscular shot as well. My next one will be my first Progesterone shot which I will take on Saturday. She said she would come over on Saturday, once we were home from the hospital and show Kevin how to do it, she also said she would have him practice on an orange, so that he got the hang of "darting" the needle in.

Yay for good friends who can help us in such ways! Yay for modern miracles, like me having a retired RN friend right when I really needed one!

Next step, vaginal aspiration (technical term for egg retrieval) at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment