Thursday, May 27, 2010

Faith

Today I read a post from a friend of mine about hope. It discussed the different sides of hope and how many people see it as a good thing and others see it as a bad thing. At the end of the post she asked others about their opinion and if they have any favorite quotes or sayings about hope. So I posted a response and I gave her the following:

"Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."
(this is a scripture which can be found in Hebrews 11:1, Ether 12:6, and Alma 32:21)

What is so ironic about this scripture is that on Tuesday after I found out that I was pregnant, after I came home from work, I met up with my mom and we went store hopping. While at Hobby Lobby I found some framed sayings on clearance, and one of them said, "Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen." And my mom and I looked at it and she said, "How awesome is it that on the day that you find out you are pregnant you find this picture?" And I who was thinking similarly decided to buy it. I plan to put it up somewhere in my home so that I can remember that day.

As I mentioned in my comment, I think faith and hope go hand in hand. I don't think you can have faith without hope, and I don't think you can have hope without some faith.

Kevin and I have had quite a few experiences with faith, the first was with his cancer, and between then and now we have had many many more, however, through it all we have had faith that someday, one day, we would have kids.

How exciting is it, how wonderful is it that after so long of having faith, after so long of having hope, that now our prayers and our faith is answered? I must say that I am a bit scared for what is to come, but I am also very excited. And I am so very happy that our faith has come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment