Monday, May 3, 2010

More Appointments

Went to the doctors today for my appointment, had my blood drawn and an internal ultrasound. According to what they saw in the ultrasound I have 5 follicles on the right and about 7 follicles on the left. The nurse said that it looks good so far and that I should make an appointment for Tuesday and Wednesday for follow up appointments. She said that I will probably have my surgery on Saturday or Friday, but more likely it will happen on Saturday. This means that I will have the HCG shot on Wednesday or Thursday. I was hoping they would give me a more definate time frame to plan for, maybe tomorrow. If they don't know for sure tomorrow then I should know by Wednesday, becasue if they don't tell me to take my shot on Wednesday then I will definately be having surgery on Saturday. If surgery is on Saturday then I will probably have the transfer of the embryos on Monday or Tuesday. Then come the Progesterine shots and the waiting. Not looking forward to the shots or the waiting. Each day we are getting closer and closer to the really unpleasant part of this whole thing. I keep telling myself that I can handle this pain, that I have handled worse pain before. And that all this pain is worth the chance of having children. And in the mean time I try to keep myself calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment