Friday, September 24, 2010

Dang!

So after a comment by one of my friends about Swedish American Hospital I decided today to look into the doctors I had on my list of possible doctors. I pulled up Consumer Reports Health, which really didn't give me as much info on the doctors as it did on the hospitals. But it did refer me to a government site that listed if any of the doctors had any diciplinary actions against them. None of the doctors on my list did. So I started googling the doctors starting with the one in Sycamore. I found a site that rated him, based on patient reviews he got a 4.5 rating. Then I found another site where patients rated him and included written reviews as well. Reading what they said about him was very helpful. Then I found a site from the hospital that he works with describing some difficult delivery situations that he dealt with in a good way. And I am thinking, "Wow, this looks really good, but he is a guy. How do I feel about that?"

So I looked up the Rockford doctors, two of them men and two of them women. One of the men scored a 4 rating on the first rating site. The rest of the doctors were 3 or below. One, a female doctor I was actually considering scored a 2.5. So I looked further, on the second rating site none of the doctors were scored except for the female doctor who had scored a 2.5 on the other site. On this site she was scored at a 1.5 and there were written reviews. One of the women who reviewed her said that the treatment she recieved from this doctor resulted in her changing doctors halfway through her pregnancy. Wow!

So after hearing about the way my friend was treated at the Swedish American Hospital, and based on the ratings of all the Rockford doctors I am seriously thinking that I will be going with the Sycamore/DeKalb doctor. Even though he is a male. A good doctor is a good doctor, regardless of gender. And if a good doctor means that I have a good pregnancy and that my baby will be taken care of during delivery then I am going to go with the good doctor. I still plan on going on my tours on Saturday, but I may just go with the Kishwaukee tour and not worry about the Swedish American tour. We will see how I feel on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment