Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hospitals

This Saturday I am touring hospitals. One in DeKalb and one in Rockford. I am leaning a bit toward the DeKalb hospital (Kiswaukee Hospital) but if I go with that one then my OB will be male. Not sure how I feel about that. But the OB would be closer and so would the hospital.

The Rockford hospital (Swedish American Hospital) works for two OB offices, so if I feel like going with that one then I will have to choose which office to use. One office would have me set up with a female OB and the other would switch me between their two OBs one of which is a woman and one of which is a man. Either way I am looking forward to getting a look at the hospitals and figuring out which one I like best.

The problem is it will really come down to how the hospitals look. Both offer classes that I think would be helpful. Both offer lactation consultants. DeKalb would be 20 to 25 minutes away and Rockford would be 30 to 45 minutes away (depending on traffic). We shall see what Saturday brings.

Last night I had a dream where I went over to my neighbors house and asked if I could borrow/have some water. To drink, I was very thirsty and just needed some water to drink. I woke up not long after the dream because the dogs needed out, but I didn't get a drink of water. Silly me. I did however get a ton of sleep last night. I went to bed at 6:45 pm, and proceeded to wake up and go immediately back to sleep every hour on the hour until Midnight when the dogs woke me up. After that I went back to sleep and slept soundly until 2:22 am when Kevin came in. Ronan woke me up again at 4:30 am, he puked in the tub, and then at 5 am I took him out to potty again. Why these dogs have to pee so much in the middle of the night beats me. I felt the baby kicking throughout the night but mostly at midnight when the dogs woke me up. From what I have read this likely means that the baby will waking up throughout the night when he is born. Thankfully midnight is Daddy comes home time when we move out to Rochelle so hopefully I can get Kevin to handle the baby at that time.

Tonight Kevin wants me to figure out how to use the Belly Buds, and figure out the camcorder, I also should pack up stuff so I can leave for Rochelle after work tomorrow. So much to do and it seems like time is moving so fast.

3 comments:

  1. The belly buds were a purchase that are only of any use while the baby is still inside you. At the rate your going, you're going to get around to using them 3 months after the baby is born -- so naturally I have to rib you about it. It was a good idea to begin with and it's beginning to look like a good idea that never gets used, and just a pointless waste of money. That would be very silly of us, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little something to think about, I gave birth at Swedish American in December and I was starving the whole time there. The nurses were not very attentive or friendly! I have been told that things have gotten better there, but if the hospital in DeKalb looks really nice and they have lots to offer, my suggestion would be them. Just saying, if you were asking!!! If you are coming to the Relief Society meeting on Saturday night we can talk more in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Darcy - Thank you, that is actually good for me to hear. I don't know as many people in the Rockford/DeKalb area as my mom does and so I don't have as many people to ask about the hospitals or possible OBs. I will be at the Relief Society meeting on Saturday so definately give me the whole lowdown on the hospital.

    ReplyDelete