Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekend

Lots of things to talk about today, if you have been reading you know that on Friday we found out that we are having a boy. Then followed all of the many calls to family and friends.

Throughout most of my pregnancy I have had the feeling that I was having a girl, to the point where I had begun to make plans in my head. So the news that I was having a boy was a bit…strange for me. Not bad news, not at all, but rather it was odd trying to wrap my head around the idea. So on Monday Kevin and I went Baby Registry creating. We went to Target and Burlington Coat Factory (which has an awesome baby section). We scanned boy stuff, and Kevin insisted on us scanning sports stuff. It was a good experience for me. All that blue and all of those cute little boy outfits. I even had dreams last night about blue baby things.

It helped to turn my mind around. It helped to get me more boy focused than girl focused. When at Target Kevin mentioned church clothes for the baby, but Target didn’t have anything, but Burlington did, they had a whole section for baby boy church clothes.

On Sunday the woman who has offered to throw me a baby shower asked when the best time would be for the shower, currently it is looking like early October for the shower. I am pretty excited about it, the presents will be nice but mostly I am looking forward having a party to celebrate our little David. We are so excited about him!

I like putting together the registries because it helps Kevin and I figure out what we need for the baby. I am still currently at a loss as to which breast pump would be best for me. As well as which bottles and which pacifiers, it is difficult to decide because I hear so much about a baby taking this paci and not that or this bottle and not that one. Plus I don’t know how it will affect breastfeeding. It is just so much stuff to take in and I feel afloat in indecision. And diapers, I don’t know which to go with and which not and I hear so many differing opinions that I honestly have no idea. *sigh* I suppose we will figure it out at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment