Friday, September 17, 2010

Ultrasound

Today is the day. I can't wait for it, even though I am nervous about it all. Last night Kevin came home at 2:15 am, the dogs heard him and woke me up. We talked a little bit about our plans for today and then we both went back to bed, except I could not seem to get back to sleep myself, I tossed and turned till about 4 am and then finally fell asleep until the alarm woke me at 6 am. During that time though as I lay in bed and tried to sleep, I thought about today, I thought over everything that was going to happen and what I should do. And through it all a thought came to my mind.

Yesterday my senior manager brought in a bunch of Ferrero Roche chocolates for our group to share. My thought was that if there were still some left that I would bundle up three of them to use as a thank you gift for our ultrasound tech. When my doctor talked to us about the ultrasound she made it sound like the ultrasound techs could be a bit tempermental and she joked that we might want to bring cookies or something. Before leaving home I looked around for something to wrap the possible chocolates in, and I found what I needed in the gift from my fertility clinic doctor that I had yet to unwrap. The gift was wrapped in clear celophane with a yellow ribbon. I unwrapped the present and took the wraping to work with me. When I got there I discovered that there were indeed one of each of the three types of chocolate that was in the chocolates box, so I wrapped them up and now have them in my purse. I feel happy knowing that I have something to give as a thank you gift and that hopefully it will help us to get what we want out of the ultrasound. The gender of the baby, and pictures. We shall see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment