Friday, June 4, 2010

1st Ultrasound of the baby

Today was my first ultrasound to see the baby. It turned out that it was an internal ultrasound. They told us that they were looking for the yolk sac and they were able to find one. So we are having one baby. It was awesome to see the little thing that will become our baby. Right now it looks like a grain of rice. We were also able to see the heartbeat. I guess today was the first day we would have been able to see it! How exciting. I think the best part of it all was watcing Kevin as the ultrasound techs showed him what he was looking at, he had this look of happy awe on his face the entire time. They pointed out the baby, and the yolk sac and the heartbeat. They said that the heartbeat is currently at 90 beats per minute. They also took a picture of the baby for us. I have the picture below, the little white thing inside the red circle is the baby, the black area around it is the yolk sac. My next ultrasound is scheduled for next week. I can't wait to see how much the baby will have grown!


2 comments:

  1. Yay Rachel & Kevin! I'm so happy for you! Isn't it amazing to see the heartbeat for the first time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is amazing, to think that something that tiny already has a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete