Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My nose is a bloodhound

My nose is a bloodhound, hunting down just the right smells to make me gag. This morning as I checked all four floors that our region resides on I learned what a dangerous adventure it is to wander a building when one is suffering from morning sickness. I staggered from one floor to another, holding it all in by breathing through my hand.

On my way up from the first floor I found myself in the elevator with two of my coworkers, an employee from a different department in our region and the manager who is three managers over me. The employee from a different department had gone downstairs and gotten herself a breakfast burrito. I am sure it was super tasty and all, but the smell caused me to gag, so I covered my nose and mouth with my hand and smelled in the neutral smell of soap. My senior manager looked at me and said, "What are you laughing at?" To which I began to respond by saying, "I'm not laughing..." and one of my coworkers (the office gossip) finished for me by saying, "She is about to puke." Of course my senior manager looked a little closer at me and I said to forestall any other questions, "I am dealing with morning sickness." Which should have answered all other questions. But of course he followed it up with, "Is there a reason for this morning sickness?" To which I said, "Yes." and he congratulated me as I got off at my next floor to check.

Still have not tossed my cookies yet, but I have had close calls. I am sure that this gagging is going to turn into something full blown soon. What I wonder is will I want to stay at work if I am throwing up? And will my manager let me work from home if I end up puking a lot? I need to sit down with her and have that discussion. And soon.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was working I puked in my garbage can a couple of times. I had to take my trash out to the garbage since the smell was disgusting, but it's not fun being sick at work, let alone puking at work.

    It would be nice if they would let you work from home though!!!

    ReplyDelete