Monday, June 14, 2010

Oh noes, the tadpole!!

Those of you who have played WoW might be familiar with the title of this post. We are on week 8 of my pregnancy, and my baby looks like a tadpole. On the parents connect website they have a 3D pregnancy calendar that shows what the baby looks like each week. They also have a description of what changes are going on this week and what I am feeling and they have great tips on foods and other things. I think it is a great website. So here is what we have for this week.

"This week, your little tadpole is starting to look a little bit more human. Other exciting developments include:

Your baby's eyelids, ears, upper lip and the tip of his soon-to-be adorable button nose are forming.

Junior will also sprout webbed fingers and toes this week—which you'll be well aware of in a few months, as baby starts early gymnastics classes inside you.

Baby's tiny heart has separated into four distinct chambers and is really ticking now—at a rate of 150 beats per minute. That's more than twice your resting heart rate.

Your baby is now a little more than ½ inch long."

It is neat to see what changes are happening and how my baby is developing. This weekend I was out in Rochelle again. Kevin got stranded out there and so I ended up having to go out and help him. We were able though to get a good part of our house loaded into a moving van and taken out to our storage unit. One step closer to moving. Hopefully once we get our house on the market it will move quick.

Over the weekend I asked Kevin a silly question. I sometimes ask Kevin if he loves me, not because I doubt it, but because I want to hear him say it. So I asked him a variation of that question. I said, "Kevin, do you love our baby yet?" And he said, "What a silly question. Of course I do, I have loved our baby since I was a child. I have always looked forward to becoming a daddy." I thought it was such a cute answer.

I bought maternity clothes over the weekend too. And I discovered something about them. Though I don't really need them yet, because I have not gotten really big enough for them to be justified, I have found that they don't press on my stomach and tummy very much and thus I have less nausea. Less nausea equals a happy Rachel, so today I am wearing my brand new maternity work pants. There is something almost ridiculous about nice work slacks with a maternity belly, but I am grateful to them all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment