Monday, June 14, 2010

Counting by Weeks

Over the weekend Kevin asked me how much longer we have to continue the progesterone shots. And I told him till about week 10. Currently I am in week 8 and next Saturday I will begin week 9. So we have about 2 to 3 weeks left of shots.

This of course brought him to one of his pet peeves. Counting by weeks. So he says, "Why do we have to count by weeks?? I hate counting by weeks!! How long do we have to count by weeks for??" And I say, "Oh, probably until the baby is a few months old."

I then explained to him that different things happen each week, things change and the best way to track those things is by weeks. Then once the baby is born there are different check ups and such that happen based on how many weeks old the baby is, thus you have to know how many weeks something is.

He still hates it. He hated it when the dogs were puppies. "Why do we care how many weeks the dog is?? Can't we just count by months??" "No sweetie, the dogs get certain shots based on how many weeks old they are, we have to keep track of the weeks so that they get their shots on time."

Thankfully after a few months I am sure that things change (at least that is how it seems) and the counting by weeks will be over until the next one. Hopefully Kevin can make it till then without going crazy over the weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment