Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hot Cocoa

Today I entered my work breakroom and smelled cocoa. And having smelled it I realized that I wanted some. So I had a cup, and then another cup and then another cup. In total I think I have had about 4 cups of hot cocoa today. Great thing about it is that I have not felt nauseous much at all today. Not that I plan on drinking four cups of cocoa every day, but maybe a cup a day would be nice. I guess the baby likes cocoa.

Last night I stopped by the mall and visited the maternity store there. I picked up some shirts because I really don't have many casual shirts that work with my maternity jeans for casual Fridays at work. While there I noticed "Preggie Pops" supposedly a natural way of releaving morning sickness. They come in 7 flavors: Peppermint, Spearmint, Lavender, Ginger, Sour Lemon, Sour Tangerine, and Sour Raspberry. Today I tried the Sour Lemon. Interesting. They are suckers that are flavored to help with morning sickness. I don't know how well the others will work, and the lemon one only lasted so long before I was done with it. I think I might stick with gum. It's cheaper than the suckers anyway.

Kevin's problems with his car/driving is all taken care of now so he is finally returning to his commute life of driving to and from work. For those of you who have been missing us at church this also means that you will see us this Sunday. The last two weekends we have been stuck in Rochelle and thus have not been able to attend our own ward/congregation. It also takes the stress of the situation off of my shoulders.

Kevin called me today from home to talk about distribution of work around the house. Since I have started my morning sickness phase of pregnancy I often get home and start to clean something just to get too nauseous to continue. It has been aggrivating because with Kevin stuck in Rochelle nothing was getting done. Now that he is back he is looking at figuring out a way for all of this to work. So here is his solution, he will take care of the physical parts of upkeep of the house and I will take care of the secretarial aspects of the house. This includes but is not limited to: paying bills (which I already do), opening and sorting mail (which I already do), managing our medical (which will include changing his doctor, and possibly making appointments for him), filling out and submitting any paperwork needed for selling our home. I am completely fine with it. I am much better at doing this kind of stuff and I keep things better organized when I am taking care of this stuff, besides by doing it I can make sure that things get done (like getting him to an oncologist).

Anyway, hopefully this will help him feel more helped out around the house. I really do have a wonderful husband I mean how many women can claim that their husbands clean the house, wash the dishes, do the laundry, take out the trash, take care of all the yardwork, and cook meals without complaining about it? He is pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment