Friday, June 4, 2010

Other things learned at doctor's visit

I am 5 weeks 6 days along, the baby is at six week size.
My due date is January 28th. I don't know if we have many January birthdays in our family or Kevin's family. In fact I don't know that we have any in our family. This also means that I will be my biggest during the winter, something I have heard as being a good thing.

I am continuing the progresterone in oil shots. I had to call for a refill this morning. I also requested a new sharps container, more needles and syringes, and alcohol wipes. I have my own alcohol wipes but I like their's better. Also discovered that Kevin perfers Johnson and Johnson sterile gause wipes, as opposed to the Walgreens brand.

Found out that when it comes to exercise they really only want me walking. When Kevin asked about using the eliptical they said no. I think I have exercised using the eliptical twice during the pregnancy, maybe it is a good thing I haven't done more. Looks like I need to do more walking though.

3 comments:

  1. I hope they can get you off of the progresterone soon! I hate needles so I am all for that. Did they say how much longer you will need to take them?

    Deffinantly take it easy on the exercise thing. My older sister is about 7 months along with her 3rd pregnancy. They have all been high risk. Some days she can't do anything due to the cramping and pain. They have her drink a lot of water, it helps to keep everything running smoothly. She will keep at least one full bottle of water in each room of the house. She uses plastic with tight lids so the boys can't break it or knock them over. This way she can continualy be hydrateing no matter where she is. Of course then she goes to the bathroom a lot more, but it is worth it.

    So if you are worried about the level of exercise and stress you can try something like that. She says that just drinking one bottle of water can completly change the way she feels and the stress on the baby. Just a thought! Praying for you guys always.

    ~ Sara ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had a few high risk pregnancies DON"T over do it. Drink that water, a gallon milk is 8 lbs, so Kevin can vacuum lift all groceries and other things that are stressful and heavy. Rest and take breaks. Walking is the least stressful, successful exercise there is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I have already been in the habit of drinking lots of water. Last year Kevin and I started drinking about 64 oz of water each day, which is about 8 cups of water a day. We never really got out of the habit and by this point I have gotten used to having to pee multiple times a day. So when people ask me if I am starting to pee more often than usual I say, "Not really."

    Yea, plan on doing more walking and see if that helps things. Thanks for all the advice, I can sure use it.

    ReplyDelete