Thursday, June 17, 2010

Foods

I have surrounded myself with food at work. And all of it is stuff to help my volitile stomach. Today I am snacking on oyster crackers, their hexagonal shapes creating interesting designs on the napkin I have spread on my desk. I am not so good with oysters, or clams for that matter, but oyster crackers and I do great together.

On the other side of my desk lies the growing pile of other food. My lunch banana sits watching me, joined by the baggie of animal crackers, the Kix which form little flowers in their bag, almonds, cheese crackers, fruit snacks, saltines, and my lightly salted rice cakes.

Last night I had to go shopping, the dogs were out of food and I could not come home without food for them. Ronan would have thrown a fit. So I bought dog food and then went over to Target, because I really needed some maternity tops to cover my maternity pants. Target has a maternity section, but none of the tops, pants or other things worked. In fact nothing in Target worked, except for a tiny purse that I found for $5. I have been getting fed up with carrying my wallet around because the maternity pants either have no pockets or pockets so tiny I can't fit my ginormous wallet into them. The purse carries it all, my keys, my wallet and my cell phone. It is a change for me, because in general I HATE purses. Have no problem with other people using them, but can't stand using them myself. Having a purse is unusual for me.

After Target I went over to Walmart, where I found two shirts that worked, and picked up more lightly salted rice cakes as I had finished off what I had the day before. While there I also picked up naked pita chips (not really since they have sea salt on them), which I idiotically left at home today (they would have been tasty), and a bag of sweet potato chips, which I ate some of last night and found them tasty but strange, something I will have to eat when I feel like them and not at any other time.

I thought about eating pickles last night but ended up eating some of the oyster crackers instead. Remembering the oyster crackers is what brings them here today. All this food, and all of it so bland, but if that is what it takes to keep it all down I am good with it. Prenatals stayed down today, and I am feeling good. Got probably about 10 to 11 hours of sleep last night, I don't know whether to feel happy about that or embarassed. Oh well, hopefully tonight I can keep awake enough to get some housework done.

No comments:

Post a Comment