Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tossing Cookies

As a warning, this entry discusses vomiting, if you would rather not read then stop reading now.

The last few days have been not the best in relation to sleep and stuff. Kevin has needed me to drive him everywhere which has thrown a huge wrench in our lives. But otherwise I have been pretty much ok. No throwing up, no really bad problems and only nausea as my complaint.

Then this morning happens. I woke up feeling ok, got everything ready for work, took my prenatal vitamins, got the dogs fed and pottied and kenneled, and then left for work. On the way I began to salivate, you know the way you salivate right before you throw up. Yep. I could have pulled over right there, but there was a school parking lot up ahead and I wanted to make it there, because then I could park and puke to my hearts content without worrying about getting hit. So I swallowed and swallowed and kept it down till I got there. Then I threw up, one of the prenatal pills came up. I have been taking One a Day prenatals becasue it contains DHA/EPA in a liquid gel pill. That is the one that came up. I didn't see the other so I am hoping it stayed down and was absorbed.

The DHA/EPA pills are interesting, they are an almost amber color and they smell sweet. When I first started taking them I thought they were neat, now my nose doesn't know what to make of them.

I am hoping that my morning upheaval is not something that begins to happen more often. The first time I threw up it was more controled, I probably could have kept things down if I had really concentrated, but this time I had no control, it was coming whether I wanted it to or not.

Before I move on, let me touch on Wisps, Wisps are a disposable mini-toothbrush made by Colgate. Kevin and I have used them on trips when we find we are without toothbrushes. They are easy to use and do a decent job of cleaning your mouth. And for the pregnant woman I feel they are indispensable. The first thing I always do after throwing up is brush my teeth. I don't like the taste lingering there, I don't like the way my teeth feel, I need to brush my teeth to get rid of it all. Having a wisp on hand when you are not at home is a lifesaver. This morning in the school parking lot I broke out my wisp and within minutes my mouth tasted minty and clean.

Speaking of mint, I have found that mint helps to curb my nausea, I can chew a piece of mint gum and things are all ok. I know with some women it works opposite. Pregnancy is weird, what is weirder still is that Kevin understands due to his experience with Chemo. Odd but interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment