Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ultrasound tomorrow

Tomorrow is my first ultrasound since finding out that I am pregnant. To say it is my first ultrasound would be untruthful though as I have had many internal ultrasounds since starting our attempts at getting pregnant through the fertility clinic, and I had an external ultrasound during the implantation of the embryos.

Tomorrow is the ultrasound that should show me how many babies I have in there. There were two embryos implanted, so we could have one baby, or we could have two, or if the embryos split we could have three or even four. We could have more than four as well, but I am pretty sure that will not happen.

It still seems crazy to me that this early on they can do an ultrasound and discover how many babies we will be having. I have feelings on how many it will be, but I am not going to say what those feelings are until tomorrow. I don't want to jinx it. This week has been a good bit stressful, what with a very important meeting at work this morning and the spotting that happened earlier this week. But the meeting is now over, and the spotting has for the most part gone away. I am feeling better about it all. Still worried, but better.

Tomorrow should show that everything is ok, and should tell us how many babies we have to look forward to. I will be asking the doctor a bunch of questions as well, most important of those being, "Can I get off the progesterone shots? Because 1. They hurt, and 2. I am running out of the medication itself." Hopefully the answer is a good one. Either way I wil probably have an overnight shipment of progesterone to me, I might ask for a sharps container while I am at it. It depends on what she prescribes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment