Friday, June 11, 2010

Scents and Pants

When you are hungry and nauseous things you CAN eat suddenly become so tasty. And some things taste better than they did before. Last night my parents made ribs for Kevin’s birthday. They made garlic bread from the French bread I brought, Brittney (my sister in law) made mashed potatoes, and Mom had made up corn on the cob. Oh so yummy. I couldn’t handle the ribs, I ate a bit but couldn’t make it much farther after that, a pity because they were super tasty. Everything else was very good as well. And the corn, oh the corn was awesome! I can’t wait till summer sweet corn really gets going. Hopefully the morning sickness doesn’t ruin it for me.

The problem with my morning sickness is that almost any scent can trigger me. It doesn’t have to be food. This morning as I drove from Rochelle to the doctor’s appointment the smell of my shirt began to make be queasy. And right now it is the smell of myself that is making me feel sick. I ended up having to drive out to Rochelle last night and did not have deodorant so now I can smell my own BO and it makes me feel ill. I will be heading back out that way this afternoon and will probably stop along the way to get some deodorant.

Because it feels good to have as little pressure as possible on my stomach I have been walking around my parent’s house with my pants unbuttoned. This morning Kevin said to me, “You need maternity pants, if your current pants feel that uncomfortable then you need to get some maternity clothes. Go get some.” This was something I was holding back on because I didn’t know how he would feel about it, but he told me to go out today and get some maternity clothes, because I obviously need them. It will be good to get into some pants that have less pressure on my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment