Tuesday, June 22, 2010

8 weeks

Yesterday I went to my third ultrasound appointment. My baby is now the size of an olive or grape and looks as the ultrasound tech said, like peanut with legs and arms. The appointment went strange compared to how it usually goes. The usual ultrasound tech was on vacation and so their back up tech was filling in for her. She was unfamiliar with that specific machine and got frustrated during the ultrasound. This resulted in me not being able to see anything except for the picture she printed out for me, which Kevin said later was not a very good picture of the baby. It makes me kind of bummed out, but it is ok. Kevin was able to be there and he was able to see it all he even got to see the heart beat this time. Since he missed the last ultrasound I am glad he was able to be at this one.

Ironically after the appointment Kevin and I went to get lunch and ended up at the toll road oasis. He got chicken strips and I got a smoothie and a pretzel. Here is the ironic/sort of gross part, one of his chicken strips looked like the silhouette of the baby in the ultrasound picture. Kevin shared his chicken strips with me, but I was unwilling to eat that strip. I could not eat it when it looked like my baby (even if it was a chickeny, breaded version).

I am currently 8 weeks 3 days along. At 10 weeks I get to stop my progesterone shots/injections, and hopefully at 12 weeks I will stop getting sick. Hopefully. Next week is my last appointment with the Fertility Clinic, and the week after that is my first appointment with my regular OBGYN. I am hoping for another ultrasound at that time, but we will see. By that time I should be off the progesterone. Yay!

I need to find a better scanner to scan the ultrasound pics onto the computer. Once I do then I will post the last two ultrasound pics. Until then you will just have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment