Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Amusing interactions

Today I had quite a few amusing interactions with different people and I wanted to share them.

Setting: Phone call from Kevin
Me: Hello?
Kevin: Maple Meeper.
Me: Yes, I know, I remembered.
Kevin: Maple Meeper?
Me: Yep, I have it with me and have written out the check.
Kevin: Maple Meeper!
Me: Yep, love you bye.

As a background for this, we have a bill for our storage location which is with Maple Storage. I needed to get a check in the mail to them this week for the rent. Kevin was supposed to remind me about it today before I left for work, but he was sleeping so I reminded myself.


As a lead up to the next one, I have a habit which I have actually picked up from Fae, I tend to look up at the ceiling at random times, often to see if there are any creepy crawlies up there. This habit confuses Kevin and he has often asked me what I am looking at.

Setting: Phone call from me to Kevin
Kevin: Hello?
Me: Hey, you know how you always ask me why I am looking up at the ceiling?
Kevin: Yea...
Me: Well I have a good answer for it.
Kevin: Ok...
Me: Ninjas, you never know when one might be up there!
Kevin: (chuckling) That is pretty good. Is that it?
Me: Yep, that and I wanted to say I love you
Kevin: Ok, love you, bye.
Me: Bye


And by far the best interaction of the day...

Setting: Walking through the mall on my way from one end to the other end, Lotion Booth Guy (LBG) notices me.
LBG: Hi ma'am, can I interest you in...
Me: Hi, I'm sorry but I am pregnant and dealing with morning sickness, if I have any scents near me I may throw up, it is probably best that I keep moving.
LBG: (Suddenly looking not so sure about me) Ahhh, yea that is probably best, have a great evening.
Me: You too.


And lastly, something Kevin said when he got home while I was waiting for my shot.

"Society is based principally and primarily upon the fear of pregnant women."
-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment