Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sea Bands and Meds

I must be messed up or something. Last night I went to Walgreens to pick up my prescription of nausea meds. While there I also picked up some Sea Bands. Sea Bands are a natural form of anti-nausea treatment. The way it works is with pressure points. The product is two fabric wrist bands with button things that when placed correctly rest on a certain pressure point on your wrist that will combat nausea. Supposedly it is supposed to work well with motion sickness and morning sickness. Well there must be something wrong with me. I tried wearing them last night and did not feel well. I wore them while at the mall and ended up needing to stop for preggie pops to make it the remainder of the way to my car.

This morning I woke up and put them on as I got out of bed. A few minutes after putting them on and I began to feel nauseous, so I took them off and began to feel better. Who knows, maybe they just don't work with me.

On the other hand I took one of my nausea pills today (they say on the bottle take one pill three times daily as needed for nausea), I took it in the morning and felt great till about lunch time, then I combatted my nausea the way I usually fight it and so far have been able to make it the rest of the day without another pill. I am hesitant about taking drugs while I am pregnant and even though these have been prescribed by my fertility doctor I still want to be careful with them.

In the meantime I have been on the hunt for large focal pendants. Mostly of the donut or teardrop variety and all in Jade. I want to make a few nursing focus necklaces, as I have seen a few online and am interested in the idea. The premise is to have a sturdy necklace with a large pendant that a baby can focus on and play with as they nurse. I am thinking serioiusly about creating a few and seeing if I can sell some online. Let me know what you think about the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment